Sunday, July 29, 2012

Creating Life Passionately - Lessons from a Bush Turkey

G'day Everyone,

I find myself sitting at the computer eager to follow my passion and create my dreams come true.... but am hindered by the chatter in my mind.  You see, my mind likes to think. When I'm laying in bed and my mind is filled with constant ideas and notions. When I'm sitting on the verandah eating lunch my mind dwells on what could be, what should be. And of course, it dwells on what's not... and why not.

I'm sure you recognise this cycle of constant flow of thoughts and mind chatter.  It happens to the best of us. It's just the way we've been taught in our upbringing and in society. Intellect and thought are considered important aspects to be successful.

But did you know that your heart can think too?  Deep within your being is another form of creating that comes from your whole being, not just your mind.  This powerful form of creation comes from your total abandonment in passion and excitement. In fact, you can't create without passion. It is impossible to successfully change your life without aligning yourself to what makes you feel excited in every day life.

So, how you do sit within your passion rather than in your chattering mind?

Ask yourself in every moment possible: How am I feeling right now? Is this what I truly want to be doing? Am I excited to get out of bed every morning to live my life? Am I in love with all the people in my life?

Become intimately aware of your every moment.

Take for instance, my neighbour bush turkey.  He is very active creating the biggest nest. The bigger the nest he builds the more likely he will be to attract a mate.  EVERY MINUTE of his day is devoted to creating this nest. To building the life he desires. In fact, the poor guy, has had to rake leaves over layers of wood and tin (due to construction). No matter what obstacles get in his way.... he remains determined and focused.



(Isn't he a handsome fellow. I can just imagine how cute the baby bush turkeys will be.).

His rather large nest keeps growing and he keeps gathering leaves.  Turkey's nest is outside my office/study and it's a great reminder for me to stay focused and passionate about what I want to achieve in life.  The more I focus on what I want to achieve the more refined my vision gets. The more specific my goal is, the more likely I will be able to create it.  Turkey knows he is building a nest... and so he does.

Today I'd like to encourage you to be join me and be as focused as a bush turkey on your goals. Feel the power of passion move through you to improve your life and make your dreams come true.

If you are being thwarted from achieving your dreams due to old patterns or are feeling stuck or frustrated and can't quite pinpoint what your ideal passion is... please get in contact with me for a consultation. I'm a passionate coach eager to support you on your journey via skype, phone or in person: http://www.carmenwyld.com












No comments:

Post a Comment