Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Would you like power over your chattering mind?


G'day Readers!

So you’ve learned how to multi-task, huh? 

When you were a child you most likely focused on one thing at a time. When you climbed trees you didn’t worry about money. When you played with your toys you didn’t fret about bills. Your family’s issues stayed their own – it wasn’t your responsibility to solve them.  (well, hopefully).

Between family matters and responsibilities, bills and money worries, work situations and trying to fit in some “me” time – whoah! -  life can be pretty hectic! 

Multi-tasking is considered a high skill where you can juggle many tasks at once and be productive in your family and work life.

But what happened to having peace of mind?

Do you crave it?

Even a little?

Perhaps you take some time to escape from the kids by going out for dinner with your friends…. Or soak in a bubble bath… Or indulge in some chocolate… and then more chocolate … and then more….

It’s only a quick break.

What would you say if I said you could have peace of mind anytime and anywhere?

Yup. AND, it’s easy!

I’m going to share with you a technique that will give you power over your chattering mind. (I've got other amazing strategies to share in future blogs too). 

 Right now I want you to CLOSE YOUR EYES and COUNT TO THREE.

Great!

How did you do? Did you count to three without any other thoughts in your mind?  If not, try again. Count to 3 with absolutely NO OTHER THOUGHTS in your mind except for the three counts.  If you naturally see images in your mind you might choose to visualise the numbers appear one by one.  (I imagine Sesame Street numbers appearing – Lol! – my brother used to watch a lot of Sesame Street). 

It’s easy – right?

Now do it again. Only this time, count to ten. Take your time because the ten count is more difficult than the three count. And be like a HAWK on your thoughts… NO OTHER THOUGHTS may appear when you’re doing the ten count!

If any thoughts do come up…. then start the ten count over again from the number one.

Try not to fool yourself.  I just tried it and in the background of the numbers I caught thoughts about what sentences to write in the blog.  I had to start again. When the background thoughts are quiet it’s only then that the PEACE OF MIND COMES.

 
You can do this three or ten count at any time throughout your day.

If the kids are getting rowdy do the three count. Imagine each number bringing you peace of mind. What colour represents peace to you? Is it the colour of a clear blue sky or the passionate red colour of love?  Have each colour appear to you in ways that will ensure you have peace within your mind.

I assure you… it gets easier with practice… so keep it up… at least three or ten times a day!

Imagine the kids running a muck and you’re sitting there with a peaceful grin on your face!

In a future blog I want to take you to the next level where we create an oasis of blissful heaven …. A sacred space that you hold in your mind… and you can go there whenever you feel the need to bring peace throughout your mind, body and soul. 

I’ll share with you my peaceful place… if you share yours. 

But for now, I’m curious….. how many times did you count to three or ten without other thoughts?  And how did this feel to you?

P.S. The picture is of yours truly  - taken next to a beautiful stream in Queensland, Australia.

Many Blessings,
Carmen Wyld
Life Coach and Counsellor
www.carmenwyld.com


1 comment:

  1. I am definitely going to try this, Carmen. I lose it at my children far too often, and maybe this will help me not to!

    ReplyDelete