Monday, June 18, 2012

UGH! Got one of those DOWN TIMES happening?

I can remember quite a few down times throughout my life. They are NOT FUN. It can feel like the whole world is against you and you're moving through a heavy fog of emotional burdens. Or you might feel as though you have a chain around your ankles or waist... pulling you backwards.

And, you don't want to move backwards in life!

UGH!

How many times have you curled in a ball and cried yourself dry?

How often do you feel utter despair? - So much that everyone close to you experiences your misery?

I am an experienced down timer. I felt disconnected from the world.  When I ventured out on my own I felt lonelier and disheartened about life. Geepers. After all, it's a heavy burden to face the world alone. Yet, many people do. And so this deep hurt and loneliness weighs on your shoulders. Whatever your burden in life - it hurts - it's heavy - and it's not fun.



I don't remember how that happened. It became a ritual, or habit for me.  Each time I experienced a down time I consciously choose to go deeper into the heavy emotion. I found myself observing myself feeling negatively.  Whether it was grief, fear or misery I always took time out and went deeper into the emotion with my whole self - mind, body and soul. I allowed my mind the stay in the misery, rather than make excuses and just be happy for the sake of it. I acknowledged my body in the moments by allowing it to cry and shake, rather than stop the tears and be brave

During these turmoil times I learned to recognise a certain pattern - something good always happened afterwards. I called these Rainbows.  I always waited for the rainbow while basking in the misery. I released, rather than suppressed. I honoured myself by allowing each and every precious moment of misery.

This deep moment of respecting myself became a sacred ceremony. No excuses. No judgement. No reasons. Just honouring.

AND, I waited for the rainbow.

it's important to expect the rainbow. After all, everything changes. No matter how deep you are in your misery or other heavy emotion - it will change. 

EXPECT THE RAINBOW.

When you allow yourself to experience the uncomfortable emotions you not only save yourself from suppression in your body or mind, but it also strengthens your spirit. When you are able to feel negative emotions with ease and grace they become not so painful. It is then that you learn different strategies for dealing with difficult situations or problems. You gain power.

Immerse in misery, let it pass and expect the rainbow.

I hope this blog is helpful. It might not be written with excellent grammar and sentence structure today, but it's straight from my heart to yours.

Honour yourself. Love yourself.

All the best,
Carmen










Image Courtesy of: http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/Weather_g97-Lonely_Woman_p20041.html





No comments:

Post a Comment